question

Upvote
Accepted
16 2 2 7

RFA NONSTREAMING with BATCH request

I am using rfa 7.2.1 java implementation.

When I build a consumer batch request with NONSTREAMING indication flag, I don't receive any OMM_ITEM_EVENT, but only a COMPLETION_EVENT without payload.

The message request that I build is like this:

Msg Model Type: MARKET_PRICE
Indication Flags: NONSTREAMING | REFRESH | BATCH_REQ
Hint Flags: HAS_ATTRIB_INFO | HAS_PRIORITY
Priority: 1,1
AttribInfo
ServiceName: BBG
NameType: 1 (RIC)
Payload: None

If I remove the indication flag NONSTREAMING it works fine.

I would like to kindly ask if the batch request is snapshot by definition or if there can be both streaming and snapshot mode.

treprfarfa-apijavaconsumer
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I've noticed that replacing the indication flag REFRESH with NONSTREAMING, works. The documentation states:

"Non-streaming requests are fulfilled by a provider sending a response message called a refresh."

Does this mean that NONSTREAMING and REFRESH indication flags are interchangeable?

Please be aware RFA 7.2 is now unsupported and especially for RSSL/OMM one should update to the latest version for many bug fixes and improved documentation. For new projects you should review EMA/Java which can significantly reduce the amount of effort need to consume data.

@Gabriele.Casalinuovo

Hi. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Else please post again offering further insight into your question

Thanks

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Batch Snapshot is a licensable feature - so the most likely explanation is that this feature is not licensed for your TREP installation.

Please contact your TREP / Market Data Admin team or TR account manager to discuss further.

To answer your question - you can make streaming or non-streaming(subject to licence) Batch requests.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.