Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 0 0 0

Can one make a Eikon Python API call to find all available FID's for a specfic RIC

I am interested in using the Eikon Data API (python) to obtain all FIDs for various RICs that relate to the "Flows" page of the Eikon Desktop/Web product. I know that I can navigate to a Quote page for some of these RICs, and use one of the ICONs in the Quote Dialog to obtain FIDs. However, I would like to obtain the same information for a RIC directly from the API. The Eikon API's `get_data` method seems to insist that you provide a list of fields. It does not seem to have the capability to "return all fields".

Also, does Refinitiv provide a comprehensive document or database that one can query that lists all possible FID's for specific RICs. I have found the RIC search page on the developers.refinitiv.com site very useful, but it does not seem to return available FIDs.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @bperlman,

Understanding that you are working with Eikon Data API, the way to find out all fields for a specific RIC is via Data Item Browser tool available from Refinitiv Workspace or from Eikon via "Data Item Browser" search.

For more detailed discussion with examples of how to use DIB, please see EDAPI Tutorials -> Fundamentals API - Company Tearsheet Estimate -> DIB

In general, each instrument, according to the Exchange that it's traded on and the specific instrument type will populate a specific set of fields. This information can be looked up via Data Model Tool. Data Model Tool is the definitive and up-to-date online documentation on all that is available from various exchanges via Elektron feed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.