question

Upvotes
Accepted
26 15 22 25

Rmdstestclient fail to establish connection to Hosts after LPC setup

Hi team,

I installed LPC recently on another Linux machine. On first machine, LPC was setup successfully and was able to run the rmdstestclient tool as well. But when I installed in another Linux machine the LPC starts successfully (as seen in the logs) but the rmdstestclient does not connect to service and errors out with "Failed to perform transport secure channel connections to hosts. Error: Failed to request authentication token information". Please find more info in the logs..

I have tried same and different users but same issue on the second machine.

Can you please let me know what can be the issue here?

Thank you,

Basnal

lpc.txt

treprfarfa-api
lpc.txt (2.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello Basnal @bansalshah,

This error means you are failing to connect to the endpoint, which can be for several reasons.

Some common reasons that I would verify:

• The user specified into rmdstestclient run is a valid permissioned user that was added to user_list.txt config file during installation.
  • The second installation machine is on the same local network as first, and therefore has the same connectivity requirements to the endpoints, or verified that the connectivity can be established.
  • The endpoints in the config file are valid, the same, as the first LPC successfully connects to.
  • Is it the same machine id or different that is being mapped to the new user on the new EZD? It's one connection per machine id.

Let's see if one of these identifies the issue that you are facing.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @zoya.farberov,

I tested all the points you mentioned and they are correctly setup.

- Using a different valid permissioned user.

- The second machine is in the same network and has the same setup as the first machine.

- LPC is starting on the second machine, but only the rmdstestclient is not connecting after trying with 4/5 different valid users.

- I am sure the setup and everything is same for this second machine, I start the rmdstestclient and it says the connection started but in return it says :

"Services are not connected . Response should come back in 5 seconds" and then on the LPC side you see the above logs.

- Again what can be the reason the service is not responding in time? Even after using the valid use?

Thank you for your time and effort.

Hello @bansalshah,

So how many installations do you have in total, is it 3? One healthy and two not working?

Now thinking about this one, and what happens to the user_list.txt file when you clone. It will be cloned as well, right? That does not work at all, each installation requires unique, installed machine id with the corresponding password, it can not be reused.

Do you have a unique machine ID for each LPC installation, with valid self-set password for it?

If that is the case, see Password Management utility in installation guide. Remove the duplicate user, and add new unique machine Id with the valid password using the utility.

Does this make sense?

Hi @zoya.farberov,

Correct. I am trying to setup LPC on 3 machines.

1. 1st machine everything works. LPC and rmdstestclient

------

2. 2nd machine. Current ticket issue that LPC starts but rmdstestclient fails saying Service not responding in 5 seconds. Error Log -> lpc.txt

------

3. 3rd machine (cloned from 1st machine)- Installed the LPC by scratch and then this issue-> LPC itself not starting . Created different ticket here.
https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/70165/lpc-fail-to-start-on-a-cloned-linux-machine.html

Error Log ->Logs.txt

-------

I have installed LPC from scratch on all the machines. (Even after cloning in case3). I am using unique user with different passwords set for each machine above.

I hope this clarifies the setup.

lpc.txt (2.7 KiB)
logs.txt (956 B)
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.