Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
39 4 5 5

EIKON API outputs different results depending on the list of equities called at once.

I want to retrieve' Diluted EPS Including Extra Items' for the list of equities (see the fowling codes)

rics = ['TLG.AX', 'MLD.AX', 'WBT.AX', 'LNU.AX', 'CDV.AX', 'AQZ.AX', 'VRT.AX', 'MVA.AX', 'HPI.AX', 'GEAR.AX', 'REG.AX', 'EHE.AX', 'PAR.AX', 'ECX.AX', 'BBOZ.AX', 'ADH.AX']

field = ['TR.DilutedEpsInclExtra(SDate=0FQ,Period=LTM)']

My problem is that the retrieved values are different depending on the number of equities called at once. In the following codes, for example, 'TLG.AX' is different in df1, df3, and df4.

df1, e = ek.get_data(rics[:1], field)
df2, e = ek.get_data(rics[:2], field)
df3, e = ek.get_data(rics[:5], field)
df4, e = ek.get_data(rics, field)

Please help with this. Thank you in advance.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@dosyd

From my checking, the data is for different dates.

If I add "TR.DilutedEpsInclExtra(SDate=0FQ,Period=LTM).Date" into the field variable, the date will return.

field = ['TR.DilutedEpsInclExtra(SDate=0FQ,Period=LTM)','TR.DilutedEpsInclExtra(SDate=0FQ,Period=LTM).Date']

I got the same result when using the Eikon Excel. You need to contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitiv to verify it.

1609128325472.png (16.9 KiB)
1609128346654.png (20.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for the reply! It is a great help.

Do you have any idea why date changes depending on the list of equities and what can be done to have the same dates?

@dosyd

It is strange. Please directly contact the Eikon support team via MyRefinitiv to verify the behavior.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.