question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 3

C++ RFA API Warning / Error / Event Type values

Hello,

Can you please point me to documentation which will list all the Errors/Warning/Event types for RFA API.

Log example I'm looking to decode:

Logger message from RSSL_Cons_Adapter: LogId: 6030, Event Type: 2, Message Text: [Tue Feb 16 07:24:52 2021]: (ComponentName) RSSL_Cons_Adapter: (Severity) Warning: 6030 (ChicagoProd)

BR

Evgeny

treprfarfa-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Evgeny.Litver,

Please note that the earliest supported version of RFA is 7.6. Version 7.4 is End-Of-Life and has not been tested against later infra, potentially resulting in unexpected behaviors.

If your organization's infra is deployed, you can contact your local market data admin/infra to try to find out more. If your infra is hosted, you can look up service alerts on My Refinitiv -> Notifications and Alerts -> Service Alerts and also, or if you don't find a relevant alert, open a support case to try to gain more info on the specific incident you have observed at that time.

Would also consider running (perhaps a separate) instance of RFA consumer with RFA Tracing on, as discussed in more detail in this previous discussion thread, so if the condition reappears at some point, you may learn more of the cause from the generated trace.

I would like to suggest to consider upgrading to a supported version of RFA C++ at the first opportunity, and consider migrating to new and strategic Refinitiv Realtime SDK API in a planned manner.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Evgeny.Litver,

For RFA C++ API, please see in your SDK folder MessageFies, this specific message is from RSSL_Cons_Adapter component. In my RFA 8, so in file RFA8_RSSL_Cons_Adapter.mc, I find:

MessageId=6030
Severity=Warning
Facility=Application
SymbolicName=OMM_UCH_LOGIN_CLOSED_RECOVER_RECEIVED
Language=English
Login response with ClosedRecover stream state received from %1 server %2 with status code "%3" and status text: %4

depending on what version of RFA you run, the meaning of warning 6030 may differ.

For completeness, would note that some of the errors and warnings received by an RFA app would not originate with RFA app, but with infra that app is connecting to, and only be conveyed by RFA, i.e. A6, A21, A27, etc.. These would not be found in RFA messages, but would have to be looked up in infra guides.

Hope this helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 1 3

Hello @zoya.farberov,

My RFA version is 7.4.1

This is what I see on my version

MessageId=6030
Severity=Warning
Facility=Application
SymbolicName=OMM_WL_RECIEVED_NOT_REGISTERED_ITEM_MSG
Language=English
"%1" received an unexpected message. %2

it indicates, my application received unexpected message, but no details of the message provided.

Is it correct ?

What would be my next step to understand the root cause ?

My application received in chunk boost of those messages and exited.

After restart no issues been detected.

Can we see some data on the server side ?

BR

Evgeny

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
7.6k 15 6 9

@Evgeny.Litver

Regarding the warning message "received an unexpected message ", it can be generated in scenario such as when RFA close the item stream but later RFA internal just receive the response message for the stream from the server. RFA will reject the message and report this warning as an unexpected message. The application can ignore this message.

Here is the sample scenario that application might found this warning:

RFA sends a request for RIC, for example, IBM.N with stream ID #3. However, there is no response back from the server (it might have some issue or heavy load on the server). Then, when the RFA internal request timeout is expired, RFA will close stream ID# 3 and send a new request for the same item with a new stream ID #4. After closing, if there is a response from the server for stream ID# 3, RFA will ignore it and report it with the warning message.

You can turn on RFA RSSL tracing log to verify that the warning message is from the above scenario.

RFA will generate an XML trace log at the specified location. When examining the XML trace log, you can use the stream id to identify whether an item close occurred near the warning message. This can also be used to check message validity. If the XML file contains incoming messages for the indicated stream id after a close message, this may indicate one of the scenarios described above. In such cases, the warning messages can be safely ignored.

Anyway, I would recommend you update RFA to the latest version before testing the issue to avoid defects fixed between the old and latest version.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 0 1 3

Hello,

@zoya.farberov Can you please share download link of the most recommend version of RFA to replace end of life 7.4 ?

BR

Evgeny

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Evgeny.Litver,

As from the question you appear to be using RSSL/OMM, the logical migration in RFA family would be to the latest version of RFA, currently it's 8.2, it can be downloaded from

RFA C++ Downloads.

Access request may be needed to download it. RFA at this point is a supported, feature-complete API, it is not being actively improved, the fixes are implemented.

The strategic option that would allow you to benefit from all the latest features, and the future improvements, would be Refinitiv Real-Time SDK - C/C++ , EMA is the ease of use tier, that would allow to cut down significantly on the expected development time, and on the lines of code to be maintained in the future.

If you were using SSL/MarketData integration with RFA C++, the only supported version is RFA 7.6.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.