Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 1 1

How to get flat price history for Geograin data

I am trying to pull flat price data from any number of Geograin RICS, but the ek.get_timeseries function only seems to pull the commodity basis, the default value. In the Eikon app, I can get the historical flat price using the Chart function by changing the field to "Last Quote", but I cannot find a way to get it using the Eikon API.

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
1615991355140.png (35.0 KiB)
1615991269695.png (24.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @sebastian.masiakowski

You can try this code:

#pip install refinitiv.dataplatform

import refinitiv.dataplatform as rdp
rdp.open_desktop_session('xxxA Valid App Keyxxx')

df = rdp.get_historical_price_summaries('WHRWDMCDMS-K', start='2020-05-01', end='2020-05-20')
df.head()

ahs.png (25.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
5 0 1 1

@chavalit.jintamalit Thank you, that at least pulls the data I am looking for, but it appears as if it only pulls 20 items at once? How can I pull more, like all data provided since 2001 as I was originally attempting?

icon clock
10 |1500

You can adjust the start and end parameters.

I just use 1st to 20th May 2020 to demonstrate the same data point with your screenshot only.

Thank you, it seems if you only include the start date (ie rdp.get_historical_price_summaries('WHRWDMCDMS-C1', start='2000-01-01')) then it only pulls the latest 20 items? That is what I did. But if you include the start AND end it pulls all data (ie rdp.get_historical_price_summaries('WHRWDMCDMS-C1', start='2001-01-01',end='2021-03-18'))

Is there documentation for the get_historical_price_summaries function?

The RDP Lib is still in beta.

So the documentation is limited.

You can use help() to see the parameters list.

You can also launch "CODEBOOK" on Eikon Desktop (Type in CODEBOOK on Eikon Search Bar)

Then browse to the sample notebook for more information and example.

ahs3.jpg (46.0 KiB)
ahs4.jpg (312.1 KiB)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.