Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Real time Java SDK Consumer code - gradlew error

Hi,

We have got Java SDK - Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java

I have been trying to run sample Consumer app inside, have been following https://github.com/Refinitiv/Real-Time-SDK/tree/master/Java

However, I am getting error as below ( I had to put gradle-5.4.1-bin.zip manually due to firewall, not sure below is related to that )....

C:\Software\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java\setup\RTSDK-2.0.1.L1.java.rrg\RTSDK-2.0.1.L1.java.rrg\Java>gradlew runconsumer100

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:

Build file 'C:\Software\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java\

setup\RTSDK-2.0.1.L1.java.rrg\RTSDK-2.0.1.L1.java.rrg\Java\build.gradle' line: 1

* What went wrong:

Plugin [id: 'net.saliman.cobertura', version: '2.5.1'] was not found in any of t

he following sources:

- Gradle Core Plugins (plugin is not in 'org.gradle' namespace)

- Plugin Repositories (could not resolve plugin artifact 'net.saliman.cobertura:

net.saliman.cobertura.gradle.plugin:2.5.1')

Searched in the following repositories:

Gradle Central Plugin Repository

* Try:

Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug

option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 2m 18s

elektronrefinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdk
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
79.8k 257 52 74

@chirag.soni

I found this file gradle-cobertura-plugin-2.5.1.jar in the Gradle's cache directory C:\<prifile>\.gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1\net.saliman\gradle-cobertura-plugin\2.5.1\81aab8f4d8a6f8001cdc7f1937d4c6b0a412ec79.

If I removed this file and disabled the internet connection, I got the following error when running the gradlew command.

Starting a Gradle Daemon, 1 incompatible and 2 stopped Daemons could not be reused, use --status for details

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Build file 'C:\D_DRIVE\temp\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.0.L1.java\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.0.L1.java\setup\RTSDK-2.0.0.L1.java.rrg\RTSDK-2.0.0.L1.java.rrg\Java\build.gradle' line: 13

* What went wrong:
Plugin [id: 'net.saliman.cobertura', version: '2.5.1'] was not found in any of the following sources:

- Gradle Core Plugins (plugin is not in 'org.gradle' namespace)
- Plugin Repositories (could not resolve plugin artifact 'net.saliman.cobertura:net.saliman.cobertura.gradle.plugin:2.5.1')
  Searched in the following repositories:
    Gradle Central Plugin Repository

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 10s

However, after enabling the Internet connection and re-running the command, it can run properly.

I assume that it requires Internet access for Gradle to download dependencies.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
1 1 1 1
@jirapongse.phuriphanvichai, Thanks for your response. I will try downloading plugin from github, and build manually.. Hopefully that should resolve as I see 2 plugins being referred.
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 1
Hi Zoya, I tried that, however I get same error. C:\Software\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java\setup\RTSDK- 2.0.1.L1.java.rrg\RTSDK-2.0.1.L1.java.rrg\Java>gradlew.bat jar Starting a Gradle Daemon (subsequent builds will be faster) FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * Where: Build file 'C:\Software\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java\ setup\RTSDK-2.0.1.L1.java.rrg\RTSDK-2.0.1.L1.java.rrg\Java\build.gradle' line: 1 3 * What went wrong: Plugin [id: 'net.saliman.cobertura', version: '2.5.1'] was not found in any of t he following sources: - Gradle Core Plugins (plugin is not in 'org.gradle' namespace) - Plugin Repositories (could not resolve plugin artifact 'net.saliman.cobertura: net.saliman.cobertura.gradle.plugin:2.5.1') Searched in the following repositories: Gradle Central Plugin Repository * Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED in 2m 27s C:\Software\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java\Real-Time-SDK-2.0.1.L1.java\setup\RTSDK- 2.0.1.L1.java.rrg\RTSDK-2.0.1.L1.java.rrg\Java>
icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @chirag.soni,

Do you find "net.saliman.cobertura" in your local .gradle folder?

If you do not find it, this is the root of the issue, and I agree with @jirapongse.phuriphanvichai, in that you need to build on internet-enabled host so that dependencies can be downloaded.

You may be able to side-step the issue and build, by building on another host and moving the dependencies to the expected location on this host, but this seems to be a far from optimal approach, more complex and error-prone.

If you see it there via search, but "gradle jar build" does not find it, perhaps this discussion thread can be of help.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.