For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 1

Migration from Eikon to WebSockets API

Hi we have a spreadsheet setup using Eikon and I've been tasked with moving this over to the Websocket API. Can I check if the fields are equivalent? eg: BID.Close , .Close, NDA_RAW.Nda_Mid, etc

They don't seem to be available in ws.

thanks

Tom

eikontreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @thomas-t.wilde

Websocket API is used for streaming real-time data from exchanges/providers.

Eikon can access many other data sources as part of its get_data calls etc.

So, whilst I can see things like BID, ASK, Close etc in a Websocket response, I don't ever recall seeing NDA RAW or NDA MId files.

Can you provide a few example RICs that you currently receive NDA?

If you wish to move a spreadsheet away from using Eikon, you may need to employ a combination of Websocket API and the RDP APIs. The RDP APIs can access much of the same non-realtime content that Eikon can.

Refinitiv Data Platform APIs | Refinitiv Developers

Please contact your Refinitiv Account team to discuss the RDP APIs including trial access.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@thomas-t.wilde

To add to the answer by @umer.nalla, fields like BID.Close , .Close, NDA_RAW.Nda_Mid in Eikon pertain to timeseries of historical data. The Websockets API does not provide access to timeseries. If you need to retrieve timeseries of historical data, you need to consider another solution.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.