For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 2 5 8

How to connect web socket API using python?

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtorefinitiv-realtime-optimised
wserror.jpg (93.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
21.8k 57 14 21

@anbezhilasokan.frm, You received a 403 Forbidden message for service discovery. It seems like your account is not permissioned to discover endpoints and might not have permission for streaming prices either. I would recommend to reach out to your Refinitiv account manager to resolve this.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
21.8k 57 14 21

Hi @anbezhilasokan.frm, Please download and run the service discovery example from here. It will discover and connect to the right endpoint. Your current hostname - "Elektron Rea-Time Service" is incorrect.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @anbezhilasokan.frm

The example mentioned by my colleague is also available in "Refinitiv Real-Time — Optimized: Websocket API Sample Applications" package on the WebSocket API download page.

I suggest you check the Refinitiv Real-Time -- Optimized connection tutorial on this page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 2 5 8

Getting exception when connect Service Discovery

wserror3.jpg (58.1 KiB)
wserror1.jpg (97.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.