For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 3 8

Reference and/or samples to post to CONTEX using WebSockets API

Hi all, I have done posting to Marketlink using Websockets API under RTDS (TREP) environment without trouble for some time. About to start doing it to Contex, for delivery to multiple vendors. I don't have access to a test environment yet, so I'm at present working a bit blindly. Although I've been told that I should not expect much difference, I'd like to hear from someone that has done it. Any references or examples of messages that successfully contributed to records via Contex? (specifically Contex, please, I've seen the generic advice on contributions using Websockets API). Will I be able to use off-stream posting? Any other peculiarities to watch out for?
websocketsrrtorefinitiv-realtime-optimisedpostingCONTEX
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @pj.chan,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

-AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.
Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @pj.chan

We do not have any documents/examples regarding the WebSocket API and Contex posing. The WebSocket API can send the post message to the following Refinitiv Real-Time target:

Please note that the RCC lets you contribute data to Refinitiv Real-Time System.

rcc-sm.png (111.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.6k 54 17 14

Hello @pj.chan

I strongly suggest you contact the Refinitiv Contributions Real-Time (previously known as Contex) support team via https://my.refinitiv.com/ website to help you verify if it supports the WebSocket posting (via RTDS) or not.

Please choose the "Refinitiv Contributions Real-Time" product as in the picture below.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 1 3 8

Thanks @wasin.waeosri. I did as you suggested, and they responded with a firm "Yes it can", which is good. I should be able to use web sockets API to contribute to RCRT via RTDS (ADS). I will have a go this week.

Thanks again

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.