question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 1 2 3

How to find out when RIC codes will be changed or updated by using RFA C++?

Hi Fellow Devs,

I need to retrieve information regarding the stock code / RIC codes change for particular exchange. What is the equivalent "WORLD/CHANGE1 for Eikon" in RFA C++? Is there a method, request or field id that give this information when requested?

Thanks.

treprdp-apirfa-apirefinitiv-data-platformricsc++
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @alexlau,

There shouldn't be an issue when you use "SG/CHANGE2". At a minimum, you should get a response with a status. For example, I tried this within the SpeedGuide tool and received this:

1620223328349.png (98.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @alexlau,

You can request "WORLD/CHANGE1" as the name of the item. This will bring back a page-based data represented as FIDs (315, 316, ...) (ROW80_1, ROW80_2, ...) of text containing the same details you see within Eikon. However, you will need to parse the page yourself to drill down into specifics. For example, changes in Austria will be based on the item code "AT/CHANGE1", which is embedded in FID 322 (ROW80_8).

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @alexlau,

In addition to this, you can also subscribe to RIC change notification service at my.refinitiv.com. This will allow a digest email of all the RIC changes happening to the venues of your interest.

1620057990026.png (151.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 1 2 3

Hi guys,

First of most, thanks for the answer, but I want to know is how to do it by using RFA C++ API for realtime feed. Is there any chain list request that will return the RIC Changes?

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @alexlau,

The suggestion to use "WORLD/CHANGE1" can be used with the RFA C++ API. If your question is whether there exists a chain for such information, I don't think so. That being said, I would recommend you reach out to the Refinitiv Helpdesk and ask if there is a real-time code/ric you can use to track these changes.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 1 2 3

Hi @nick.zincone.1,

Thanks for the info, I've tried "SG/CHANGE2" before and it doesn't give any response. Well I guess will try and error for a while then will contact the refinitiv helpdesk as per your suggestion.

Cheers

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 1 2 3

Hi @nick.zincone.1,

Thanks again for the quick response and help, I'll try again in myside, maybe it's NOT properly log or processed.

Cheers

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 1 2 3

Hi @nick.zincone.1,

I did try again to request 'SG/CHANGE2' but can't get any response (use wireshark as well) from Refinitiv. I even try and error using different combination of "SI", "SG" or "SGX" with "CHANGE2".

May I know, this request is supported in which version of RFA C++ and it falls under which capability categories?

FYI, we're using RFA C++ version 6.5, or do you happen to have the changelog between 6.5 and 8.2 (latest)?

Based on the print screen you've provided, we noticed on 06 May 2021 there are 2 stocks (NOW type) that are updated, so we've printed out the message we received for those 2 stocks. The result being the new stock doesn't have any info of the old stocks.

e.g. SEVA.SI is updated to DIGI.SI

But in DIGI.SI messages, we cant find any "SEVA".

Best Regards,

Thanks.

icon clock
10 |1500

Hi @alexlau,

Any version of the RFA API should not make a difference when requesting for data. The APIs are designed to be independent of the items you request. Also, did you try using the SpeedGuide tool? I would also download this as a simple test tool to ensure you get data back from your environment.

Upvotes
17.4k 82 39 63

Hi @alexlau,

What I would suggest you do, is follow the tutorials within the dev community using the latest RFA API to ensure you can request for the “SG/CHANGE2” RIC. With this, you can confirm what returns and also compare what the difference is, if any, between what your application is doing vs the tutorial.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.