Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 2

HTTP request failed: AttributeError

It may be a quick fix but I've not been able to resolve this issue for a week and need help.

When I try to use my APP key to connect Python and Refinitiv, I have started getting this error message recently. All my students are getting this error too:

"HTTP request failed: AttributeError-'NoneType' object has no attribute 'http_request'

I have checked prior posts but haven't found a solution. Help will be appreciated.

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @cafriyie

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@cafriyie

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.2k 21 13 21

Hi @cafriyie

This is a generic answer to your issue.

- Try upgrading the Eikon Data API to the latest version using pip install --upgrade eikon command

- Try upgrading Eikon Desktop to the latest version

- Reboot your computer and try again.

- Follow this troubleshooting guide.

- Enable log on API

import eikon as ek
ek.set_log_level(1)
ek.set_app_key('<a valid appkey>')

If it still does not help, collect the log file (following troubleshooting guide) then submit a ticket to Refinitiv Helpdesk.

The Refinitiv Helpdesk can be reached using Contact Us capability in your Eikon application.
Or by calling the Helpdesk number in your country.
Or at https://my.refinitiv.com/

ahs.jpg (275.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.