question

Upvotes
Accepted
16 2 2 7

Problem retrieving all the market prices for batch request.

I am composing a batch request to get the prices of several options of one underlying. The payload of the request contains 1191 option ticker in the form e.g. id1632097629324.

I received back the prices for several options, but for most of them the output message that is notified to the processEvent callback is not parsable. If I count the amount of correct output message and the amount of non parsable messages I get the original 1191 number of subscribed ticker.

In the attachment I show the type of request that I am sending and the un-parsable request that I receive for some of the subscribed ticker.

I would like to kindly ask you how I can avoid this and be sure to get data for each of the ticker I package in the request payload.

Thanks in advace

Best regards

requestresponsemsg.txt

treprfarfa-apijava
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello Gabriele,

Are you able to request the RICs that are not being returned as single subscription requests?

Are you handling events of type

com.reuters.rfa.omm.OMMMsg$MsgType.STATUS_RESP

?

In my experience when a user requests a RIC which doesn't exist, the message returned in this stream will indicate there's a problem -- for example:

queryMarketPriceService("FOOO.N");

results in:

StatusResponse [code=NOT_FOUND, streamState=CLOSED, dataState=SUSPECT, text=The record could not be found]]

Now granted this doesn't have the RIC but it's associated with the same handle that was returned when the query was made, so I can associate it directly with the same, in this case, market price.

Tom

Your question was moved to the RFA forum.

@Gabriele.Casalinuovo

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Show more comments
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi Gabriele,

Just need to step back a bit and clarify a few basics.

When you make a streaming request for a valid instrument, you initially receive a Refresh response, followed by any future Update response(s). If there is a change to the State/Status of the item you may also receive a Status response.

For an Invalid / non permissioned instrument, you would expect to receive a Status response only. Note that the streamState will be Closed - i.e. the event stream has been closed and therefore you would not get any future events such as Updates etc.

Therefore, regardless of single item request or Batch request, you should get back a Status response which would contain the symbol name for the Invalid request.

e.g. the following is output from the StarterConsumer_BatchView example for the invalid instrument UMER.L

Received MMT_MARKET_PRICE Status
    serviceName : ELEKTRON_DD
    symbolName  : UMER.L
    streamState : Closed
    dataState   : Suspect
    statusCode  : NotFound
    statusText  : The record could not be found
    itemName    : UMER.L
    itemHandle  : 0000000004564260
    itemFrom    : BatchItemList1.

You should never receive an Update type response for an invalid Item.

If you can output / log the Status response then this should provide additional information on why some of your instruments are failing. e.g. invalid instrument or permission denied etc.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
16 2 2 7

Hi, thanks for the quick answer.

Yes, I am able to request the RICs as single subscription.

The problem is that, in the context of a batch request, packaged with a lot of RICs, some of them are not retrieved and I cannot see which one, since the HAS_ATTRIB_INFO is false and so the messge.getAttribInfo().getName() returns null.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

There are two sub-questions:

1. How to see in the update what item is being returned?

What API are you using (are you using RFAJ 8)?

If yes, try adding to request an indication flag:

indicationFlags |= OMMMsg.Indication.ATTRIB_INFO_IN_UPDATES;

You should see AttribInfo.

2. Why more items are not being retuned?

What infra are you connecting to? What is your permission (is your user permissioned for more items at a time than you are seeing returned)?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
16 2 2 7

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. I was able to figure out the issue I had. I am now able to get all the events and parse them; the ATTRIB_INFO_IN_UPDATES, gives me the evidence of the RICs I am subscribed to, so now it seems that I have all the prices.

Thanks

Best regards

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.