question

Upvote
Accepted
16 2 2 7

RFA NONSTREAMING with BATCH request

I am using rfa 7.2.1 java implementation.

When I build a consumer batch request with NONSTREAMING indication flag, I don't receive any OMM_ITEM_EVENT, but only a COMPLETION_EVENT without payload.

The message request that I build is like this:

Msg Model Type: MARKET_PRICE
Indication Flags: NONSTREAMING | REFRESH | BATCH_REQ
Hint Flags: HAS_ATTRIB_INFO | HAS_PRIORITY
Priority: 1,1
AttribInfo
ServiceName: BBG
NameType: 1 (RIC)
Payload: None

If I remove the indication flag NONSTREAMING it works fine.

I would like to kindly ask if the batch request is snapshot by definition or if there can be both streaming and snapshot mode.

treprfarfa-apijavaconsumer
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I've noticed that replacing the indication flag REFRESH with NONSTREAMING, works. The documentation states:

"Non-streaming requests are fulfilled by a provider sending a response message called a refresh."

Does this mean that NONSTREAMING and REFRESH indication flags are interchangeable?

Please be aware RFA 7.2 is now unsupported and especially for RSSL/OMM one should update to the latest version for many bug fixes and improved documentation. For new projects you should review EMA/Java which can significantly reduce the amount of effort need to consume data.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Batch Snapshot is a licensable feature - so the most likely explanation is that this feature is not licensed for your TREP installation.

Please contact your TREP / Market Data Admin team or TR account manager to discuss further.

To answer your question - you can make streaming or non-streaming(subject to licence) Batch requests.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.