Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
39 2 5 6

Can't get Russell 2000 constituents

Hi - I'm unable to get data on Russell 2000 constituents. Other indexes, S&P 500, IXIC, etc work fine. It makes me wonder if it's a permission issue, but I can see the constituents just fine if I open a monitor page within Eikon.

It's exactly the same as this issue posted two years ago. https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/51945/cant-get-constituents-of-russell-index-1.html

Tks!

eikoneikon-data-apirefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
rut.jpg (18.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@noel.randewich Please try with a realtime field such as 'CF_NAME' - I have seen a few times chain resolutions fail when using TR fields. This works for me:

df, err = ek.get_data('0#.RUT','CF_NAME')
df

If you are still unable to get the constituents you may not have access to them and will need to request this content set is added to your subscription. You can speak to your account team who can assist with this. I hope this can help.

1622709994405.png (72.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39 2 5 6

Thank you, @jason.ramchandani, I tried 'CF_NAME' and it still does not work. I will look into my permissions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.