question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Tick History Cash Quota Limit

I am getting the following message as output from my Elektron request. However, in the screenshot below, I am below my listed quotas? What is the cash quota, and why is it limiting the requests?

This is a relevant post about the same issue. https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/68915/tick-history-cash-quota-exceeded.html

Quota Message: INFO: Tick History Cash Quota Count Before Extraction: 0; Instruments Approved for Extraction: 0; Tick History Cash Quota Count After Extraction: 0, 100% of Limit; Tick History Cash Quota Limit: 0

Quota Message: ERROR: The RIC 'S420F1' in the request would exceed your quota limits. Adjust your input list to continue.

1626463947422.png

elektrontick-history-rest-api
1626463947422.png (21.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@nathan.faber

Hi,

As your query is related to Tick History, Elektron was not the right forum. I moved it to this Tick History group.

Kind regards,

AHS

@nathan.faber

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

If you know an answer, please share your answer, and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

<AHS>

Case 10100898 is now in the service restore status with the following resolution:

With regards to your query, I confirm that the corn options chain RIC is <0#1C+> for the year 2016. Hence please use this chain RIC to pull the Elektron timeseries data.

I have crossed checked the data and confirm we have valid updates.

Effective from the 1st of June 2014, The RIC structure for the CBT exchange content (Futures, Spreads, Options) was changed. Please find the below DN for details regarding the RIC root changes.

https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/datanotification/DN070606.html

Kindly let me know if you have any additional questions.

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @nathan.faber,

I just run the same request, the result for me seems to be the same as yours- not all fields requested are populated for every instrument.

This developers forum can be of most use to you with questions and discussions centered around Refinitiv API usage, the majority of the forum members are developers working with Refinitiv APIs, the moderators of the forums are Refinitiv API experts.

For questions on content, for example, what fields for specific instrument type carry the content that you require, what content is available/not available, the best and most efficient way for a customer to get these answered by Refinitiv content experts, is by submitting them to Refinitiv Helpdesk Online -> Content -> Tick History .

Let us know if you will be able to proceed, or like us to help by submitting on your behalf?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes, please submit on my behalf. Thanks!

Hello @nathan.faber ,

Support case #10100898 was opened on your behalf, please expect us to reach out to you via email.

Hello @nathan.faber

The TRTH support team suggest the following resolution via the case #10100898

With regards to your query, I confirm that the corn options chain RIC is <0#1C+> for the year 2016. Hence please use this chain RIC to pull the Elektron timeseries data.

I have crossed checked the data and confirm we have valid updates.

Effective from the 1st of June 2014, The RIC structure for the CBT exchange content (Futures, Spreads, Options) was changed. Please find the below DN for details regarding the RIC root changes.

https://my.refinitiv.com/content/mytr/en/datanotification/DN070606.html

Kindly let me know if you have any additional questions. 
Upvotes
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @nathan.faber,

There are two issues that can be pertaining:

First, it may be worthwhile to confirm if you are permissioned for the instrument requested, S420F1 , it may be that you are not permissioned for the instrument type, and your quota for the type is 0, any request for that instrument would take you over Quota limit. I would suggest to get in touch with your Refinitiv account team, to confirm what instrument set(s) your organization has contracted and your id is permissioned for.

When one is permissioned, the instrument that requested, S420F1, is not currently valid, it is expired.

For example, if I request ElektronTimeSeries this way:

{
   "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [ "RIC", "Ask", "Bid", "Trade Date" ],
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList", 

"InstrumentIdentifiers": [
        { "Identifier": "S420F1", "IdentifierType": "Ric" }
      ]
    },
   "Condition": {
            "ReportDateRangeType": "Range",
            "QueryStartDate": "2015-12-01T00:00:00.000Z",
            "QueryEndDate": "2022-12-02T00:00:00.000Z"
        }
  }
}

The result is

{
    "@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionResult",
    "Contents": [
        {
            "IdentifierType": "Ric",
            "Identifier": "S420F1",
            "Error": "Not found"
        }
    ],
    "Notes": [
        "All identifiers were invalid.  No extraction performed."
    ]
}

If I include allowing for instruments that are historic, not valid anymore:

{
   "ExtractionRequest": {
    "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest",
    "ContentFieldNames": [ "RIC", "Ask", "Bid", "Trade Date" ],
    "IdentifierList": {
      "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList", 
        "ValidationOptions": {
"AllowHistoricalInstruments": true
},
"UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": false,
      "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
        { "Identifier": "S420F1", "IdentifierType": "Ric" }
      ]
    },
   "Condition": {
            "ReportDateRangeType": "Range",
            "QueryStartDate": "2015-12-01T00:00:00.000Z",
            "QueryEndDate": "2022-12-02T00:00:00.000Z"
        }
  }
}

We see non-empty historic results, please note, one has to be permissioned for the content.

Hope this information helps

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 2

As I showed in the screenshot, I am permissioned for 30 options chains and I have only used 6. I am using a request like your second one and also having other issues. For example, in the request below, I only get futures data back and all the options are blank.

'{"ExtractionRequest": {"@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ElektronTimeseriesExtractionRequest", "ContentFieldNames": ["RIC", "Trade Date", "Settlement Price", "Low", "High", "Open", "VWAP"], "IdentifierList": {"@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList", "InstrumentIdentifiers": [{"Identifier": "0#C+", "IdentifierType": "ChainRIC"}], "ValidationOptions": {"AllowHistoricalInstruments": true, "AllowInactiveInstruments": true}, "UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": false}, "Condition": {"ReportDateRangeType": "Range", "QueryStartDate": "2016-01-01", "QueryEndDate": "2016-07-01"}}}'
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.