Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

For a Tick History user, How can they access the data via Codebook

eikonworkspacecodebook
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @MouyaHana.Soriano

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@MouyaHana.Soriano

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@MouyaHana.Soriano

In Codebook, the client can use Eikon Data API, Refinitiv Data Platform Library, or Datastream Webservice to retrieve historical data.

There are examples in the __Examples__ folder in Codebook that demonstrate how to get historical data.

• Eikon Data API: EX_01_01_02__Eikon_Data_API__TimeSeries.ipynb
  • RDP: EX_01_02_03__Function__Historical_Pricing.ipynb
  • Datastream: EX_01_03_01__DataStream_Web_Service__Get_Data.ipynb
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

hi @MouyaHana.Soriano ,

If you mean connect to Tick History data using Codebook, I am afraid the user cannot do that. (please correct me If I understand the question wrong)

I tried to download the sample Python code from Refinitiv Tick History (RTH) - REST API and execute it using Codebook but got error 403 Forbidden, which means this connection is blocked by Codebook

I'd suggest the user access the data on their Python environment, as Codebook isn't allowing some connection.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.