question

Upvotes
Accepted

Getting FX forward rate

Hi, I am new to RFA and trying to get FX forward rate. My doubts are

1. FX forward rates are available in LEVEL1 or LEVEL2 market data

2. Whats the message type for FX forward price

3. Whats the service name should be used for creating request message.

treprfarfa-apiforexforwards
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Rajeev John,

What RFA edition that you are using? Is it C++, .NET or Java?

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @ AHS, I am using the Java version. Thanks Rajeev

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,
AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
1.5k 5 6 7

1. LEVEL1

2. MARKET_PRICE

3. Depends on your site. If you are connecting into a TREP system then you need to understand that such a system is multi-feed and feed agnostic. It may be that Thomson Reuters have developed the TREP software but the bank (I assume you are in a bank or something?) may connect just about anything to their TREP system, including say a Bloomberg feed and various direct feeds. Some banks have >15 services (i.e feeds) on their TREP system.

Most people would want to take FX Forward rates from a Thomson Reuters feed (because Thomson Reuters is generally regarded as the best source for such rates), so that is probably what you want as well. Look for a service name such as IDN_SELECTFEED, IDN_RDF or ELEKTRON_DD. It all depends on your site.

You can use TRexplorer to browse your TREP system.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes

Hi @Lars, Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I am looking the feed system used by the end client. Thanks Rajeev

icon clock
10 |1500

Okay, I see. You are an ISV. The Service Name should of course be a parameter in your application as it will differ from one site to another. You need to let your customer decide this parameter.

Upvotes
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Rajeev John

Are you able to connect to your Thomson Reuters Enterprise platform at your site? As Lars mentioned, the most commonly used service name for the Reuters consolidated feed would be something like IDN_RDF, IDN_SELECTFEED or ELEKTRON_DD. The actual name will be set by your local Market Data admin team - so you may need to check with them.

If you can connect, try subscribing to the Money Speed guide pages MONEY1, MONEY2 and MONEY3. These will have the codes for other guide pages related to FX & Money, you can drill down to find the relevant RICs for your FX Forward Rates.

Alternatively, if you are a Reuters Customer you can contact our Content help desk via the following page Contact Us and they should be able to advise further.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes

Hi

@Lars@Addicticks, @Umer Nalla

Both of you input helped me a lot to complete the task. I can get the FWD price now...

Thanks for your support.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.