For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Converting RIC exchange name to one that my account is subscribed to

I am getting my trading equities from another platform. For example if the trade for AAPL was executed in Nasdaq then the RIC of this will be AAPL.O but if i am not subscribed to Nasdaq live market data but i am subscribed to NYSE then how do i request data from refinitiv for AAPL in NYSE or AAPL.A? I am using refinitiv Websocket for live market data. The main issue is converting AAPL.O to AAPL.A, or is there a way refinitiv can handle this automatically? I am using JS.

#technology#contentwebsocketsrics
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @Azim98

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.1k 250 52 74

@Azim98

Sorry about the issue that you are facing.

To retrieve data via WebSocket API, the application needs to know RICs that can provide the required data. WebSocket API is unable to convert AAPL.O to AAPL.A.

You can use other APIs to search for RICs. For example, I can use the Refinitv Data Platform APIs to search for AAPL in NYSE American when trading NASDAQ Global Select Mkt.

The request message is:

{
  "View": "Quotes",
  "Filter": "TickerSymbol eq 'AAPL' and ExchangeCode eq 'GSA' and AssetState eq 'AC'",
  "Select": "RIC,TickerSymbol,ExchangeCode, ExchangeName, AssetState"
}  

The output is:

{
  "Total": 1,
  "Hits": [
    {
      "RIC": "AAPL.A",
      "TickerSymbol": "AAPL",
      "ExchangeCode": "GSA",
      "ExchangeName": "NYSE American when trading NASDAQ Global Select Mkt",
      "AssetState": "AC"
    }
  ]
}

1667553929295.png

The response contains AAPL.A. Then, you can subscribe to AAPL.A via WebSocket API.

For more information regarding Refinitiv Data Platform APIs, please contact your Refinitiv account team or sales team directly.

I hope that this information is of help.

1667553929295.png (48.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.