Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Eikon Data API Proxy for Mac OSX Download

Where can I find Eikon Data API Proxy for Mac OSX? The link in the tutorial, https://github.com/yhilpisch/eikondataapi/blob/master/notebooks/02_tpq_eikon_mac_install.ipynb, is invalid, and I cannot find it under download tab.

Thanks.

eikon-data-api#productapiproxymac-os
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
14k 30 5 10

Hi @qiaoqiao.zhu ,

Referring to this page, at the present time, Eikon cannot be installed natively on Mac® operating systems so users would need virtualization software to run in Windows to get the full desktop experience.

It supports macOS for web access. Sorry for this confusion.

Alternatively, you may use the Refinitiv CodeBook on the Workspace or Eikon Web version to run the Eikon Data API in the web browser. Please see more detail on this Use Eikon Data API or RDP Library in Python in CodeBook on Web Browser article.

The CodeBook is the Cloud-hosted Jupyterlab app in Eikon/Workspace with Eikon Data API and other Refinitiv Desktop Python APIs pre-installed.

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any questions

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
78.2k 246 52 72

@qiaoqiao.zhu

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Refinitv Workspace also supports macOS and you can use Eikon Data API with Refinitiv Workspace. You can download it from here.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.