For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Offstream - Ack received even if the RIC does not exist

Hi,

when we try to post on an unavailalbe RIC, first we receive Nack and then Ack. I supsect something related to the cache. how can we fix that to receive a Nack on every try. Were using Websocket API with Python

Please find the sequence of message used to reproduce the issue.

• 1st try to update a DUMMY_RIC

SENT: { "Ack":true, "ID":1,"Key":{"Name":"DUMMY_RIC", "Service":"PRICE_CONTRI_UAT" }, "Message":{ "Fields":{ "GV1_DATE":"2023-03-24" }, "ID":0, "Type":"Update" }, "PostID":0, "PostUserInfo":{ "Address":"10.25.9.124", "UserID":13140 }, "Type":"Post" }

A NakCode “SymbolUnknown” Received

RECEIVED: [ { "AckID":0, "ID":1, "Key":{ "Name":"DUMMY_RIC", "Service":"PRICE_CONTRI_UAT" }, "NakCode":"SymbolUnknown", "Text":"Symbol unknown", "Type":"Ack" } ]

• 2nd re-try to update a DUMMY_RIC

SENT: { "Ack":true, "ID":1, "Key":{ "Name":"DUMMY_RIC", "Service":"PRICE_CONTRI_UAT" }, "Message":{ "Fields":{ "GV1_DATE":"2023-03-24" }, "ID":0, "Type":"Update" }, "PostID":0, "PostUserInfo":{ "Address":"10.25.9.124", "UserID":17560 }, "Type":"Post" }

A NakCode “DeniedBySrc” Received

RECEIVED: [ { "AckID":0, "ID":1, "Key":{ "Name":"DUMMY_RIC", "Service":"PRICE_CONTRI_UAT" }, "NakCode":"DeniedBySrc", "Text":"RIC has been disabled", "Type":"Ack" } ]

• 3rd re-try to update a DUMMY_RIC

SENT: { "Ack":true, "ID":1, "Key":{ "Name":"DUMMY_RIC", "Service":"PRICE_CONTRI_UAT" }, "Message":{ "Fields":{ "GV1_DATE":"2023-03-24" }, "ID":0, "Type":"Update" }, "PostID":0, "PostUserInfo":{ "Address":"10.25.9.124", "UserID":6992 }, "Type":"Post" }

An Ack received

RECEIVED: [ { "AckID":0, "ID":1, "Key":{ "Name":"DUMMY_RIC", "Service":"PRICE_CONTRI_UAT" }, "Type":"Ack" } ]

Our issue is why we received an Ack for a dummy RIC instead of "NakCode":"SymbolUnknown" like the 1st tentative

#productapiwebsocketscontributions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

this is raised as a ticket number 12462956 which is in progress, extend the triage (the one raised by this poster is 12485622)

<AHS>

RDC team inform me the message from product team below

Developer has reproduced the issue. You can contact client and info our progress. We can confirm it is a real software bug but have not located where are the wrong code. We may create one Jira item to track that. Please note that this will not bring real harm to client. In real world, as long as they include some field such as BID/ASK/TRDPRC_1/BID_YIELD/ASK_YIELD, the message will be always NAK'ed. 

<AHS>

Case 12462956 is in "Work in Progress" status, extending triage.

<AHS>

<AHS>

Show more comments

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@majed.kedadi

Thanks for reaching out to us.

According to the description, it could be an issue on the server side (RCC). I assume that you are contributing data to RCC via WebSocket. The server may have a feature to create unknown RICs from post messages.

I found that you have submitted the case to the product team to verify what the problem is. Please wait for the response from the product team.

For now, I believe that it is not a problem in the WebSocket API. The post messages look correct.

I hope that this information is of help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.