Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Delayed Data from API

Using Eikon data API to fetch the EURIBOR3MD=
I am getting delayed data while fetching it through API using the code :

df1, df2 = ek.get_data(instruments = ['EURIBOR3MD='],fields = ['CF_LAST'])

display(df1)

like for now the realtime value is 3.988 but through API I am getting 3.980 which was previous day.

Need to get Realtime EURIBOR fixing (no delays)

eikon-data-api#producteuribor
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @bharat.kumar ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@bharat.kumar

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @bharat.kumar ,

Thank you for your patience, for the value of 3M, please use the RIC 'EURIBOR3MD=' instead

df, err = ek.get_data('EURIBOR3MD=', 'CF_LAST')
display(df)

1697715116115.png

To get the instrument, field name to be used, in the Quote application, you can hover on the data you want and the field name/RIC to be used to retrieve the data will be shown

or in more detail,

• in Eikon Desktop, you can click on the top right of the window to display all fields, and all the field names available for this instrument will be shown
  • in LSEG Workspace Desktop, you can right click on the middle of the window, select Template > Display All Fields

1697715243683.png

Please let me know in case you have any further questions.

1697715116115.png (6.6 KiB)
1697715243683.png (149.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @bharat.kumar ,

The moderators on this forum are expertise on Refinitiv APIs usage. However, they do not have deep expertise in every type of content available through Refinitiv products. Such expertise is available through Refinitiv Helpdesk, which can be reached via MyRefinitiv.

However, could you find the field you're looking for in the Quote app? (go to quote application in the Eikon Desktop/Refinitiv Workspace) > Right click at the quote data > select Template > Display All Fields, here you can find the right field name that can be used in the Eikon Data API as below

1696998135680.png
Or is the get_timeseries function answers your question?

ek.get_timeseries(['EURIBOR3MD='],['CLOSE'])

1696997792250.png

Hope this helps and please let me know in case you have any further questions

1696998135680.png (78.6 KiB)
1696997792250.png (17.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Its also not giving the latest ..as i have shown in image which i am trying to fetch . I am trying to fetch the value corresponding to 3M which is 3.952 but by using API i am getting 3.988 . can you resolve this issuemicrosoftteams-image-4.png

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.