Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 2

Connect to PowerBI through API

I want to connect to PowerBI through API. Do we get API for a enterprise user like me to connect to PowerBI or other tool.

#productapimicrosoft-power-bi
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @mayangelu.beloso ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@mayangelu.beloso

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
24.8k 54 17 14

Hello @mayangelu.beloso

If you want to connect the LSEG APIs with Power BI tool, there are some old posts about this scenario as follows:

As my colleague said in the second post above, the Power Bi can connect to data by using existing connects and generic data sources like CSV, XML, JSON, etc. (see Connector extensibility in Power BI page), so any LSEG APIs that provides data in those format likes the Data API (need Workspace desktop application running in the same machine), Refinitiv Data Platform APIs - REST, Data Libraries (Python, .NET, TypeScript), LSEG Tick History - REST API etc. should be able to connect to Power BI using the Custom connectors.

However, if you just want to connect to Power BI using Power BI's API, there is the Power BI REST APIs for you.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22.2k 59 14 21

Hi @mayangelu.beloso,

In addition to responses from Wasin, I would like to add that Data Platform API is another enterprise product which offers rich fundamental data through REST calls, and can be used to programmatically integrate with Power BI.

Here is an example of EU Taxonomy data from CFS API integrated into the dashboard:

1704721839040.png

1704721839040.png (137.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.