question

Upvotes
Accepted
36 0 0 2

Messenger Bot API Password reset

Hello,

I am trying to authenticate a new bot which was provisioned a few months ago via the `https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/beta1/token` gateway. I am getting error message: `{"error":"access_denied" ,"error_description":"Invalid username or password." }`

Is there a way I can reset the bot password?

I believe this is the problem because:

- I am able to successfully receive an `access_token` token when using a generated API key and my own personal Messenger username/password. Indicating that the API key is functional and the code I am using is sending the correct REST message.

- I am able to add the chat bot to my own messenger instance. Indicating that the bot username exists - although, when I try to send it a message I get the response of "this bot is currently unavailable to receive messages"

#technology#productapimessenger-bot-apimessenger
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
36 0 0 2

Hi @wasin.w

I figured it out. So I was able to reset the bot password using the "please reset you password" link provided in the Refinitiv Eikon app...

image001.png
Thanks for your help!

image001.png (28.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
27k 65 17 14

Hello @jtatton

The Messenger Bot team suggest that you should use the UI to reset the password (like a person Messenger account but enter the bot user id instead).

If you cannot access the UI, please contact your LSEG representative or Account Manager.

I hope this information help.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
36 0 0 2

Hello @wasin.w

Thanks for your help.

Happy to try using the ui. Which ui are you referring to though? I am unable to log into the messenger application ui using the bot username/password as the password is invalid/expired. Is there another ui I can use to perform this sort of "administrative" operation on the bot (and I presume my personal messenger account would need to be associated with the bot account in order to be able to do this)?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
27k 65 17 14

Hello @jtatton

Unfortunately, I do not know. However, I have submitted a support ticket number 13771824 to the Messenger Support Team on your behalf. They will contact you via a separate email thread.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
27k 65 17 14

Hello @jtatton

I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved on your end. Your answer will help other clients who are facing the same issue too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.