Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 1 1 5

eikon get_timeseries download error

I am using eikon.get_timeseries on python trying to get minute data for a list of tickers. I get the following error: timestamps = pd.np.array(datapoints[:, timestamp_index], dtype='datetime64') # index for dataframe IndexError: too many indices for array

Note that the behaviour is totally random: if I shorten my list of tickers, I get a correct download. Then I re-rerun with the shortened list and I get the error again. To me it seems that if the request times out, the response is malformed and therefore cannot conform to a pandas dataframe.

Do you know any solutions for this? Thanks,

pietro

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
4.3k 2 4 5

According to the rics list lenght (MyList[0:50] means 50 items), you should check if you reach the limit of 3000 points (same issue than https://community.developers.refinitiv.com/questions/15616/eikon-scripting-api-issues-with-timeseries.html)

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
4.3k 2 4 5

Hi,
could you detail your request using eikon.get_timeseries function ?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 5

tmp= eik.get_timeseries(MyList[0:50], 'CLOSE', start_date='2017-09-20T13:48', end_date='2017-09-20T13:59', interval='minute', corax='unadjusted', debug=False).tz_localize('GMT').tz_convert('Europe/Amsterdam')

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 1 1 5

I think a possible solution is to set raw_output=True and then convert the raw data to pandas myself through a python def.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.