For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 3 1 1

Status Stream closed message with "Timeout" Code ?

We are receiving stream closed status message with "timeout" code few times.

Could you please suggest what does it mean and how best we can recover after receiving this message?

{
"ID": 1,
"Type": "Status",
"Domain": "Login",
"Key": {
"Name": "AQIC5wM2LY4SfcyQZKRDTOqVOwA16STH0djM%2FLFEWvHG8k0%3D%40AAJTSQACMjAAAlNLABQtNzMwNTYzMjgyMjcwMDIwMDQ5NwACUzEAAjMy%23"
},
"State": {
"Stream": "Closed",
"Data": "Suspect",
"Code": "Timeout",
"Text": "TREP authentication token has expired."
}

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtocloud
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @cbhavsar,

I have checked a given re-login message, the message is a valid JSON OMM format.

The all JSON messages between the application and ERT in cloud (since the EDP request and first login) will let me verify the your messages flow that encounters the problem in detail.

In the mean time, I suggest you raise a support ticket via My.Refinitiv Support - so they can confirm / investigate if their is an issue on the EDP/ERT in Cloud service

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @cbhavsar,

I am assuming that you are connecting to ERT in Cloud. If so, the each EDP login session will be expired in the "expire_in" value second.

Example: The expire_in value is 300, it means this access_token and Login will be valid for 300 seconds.

{
"access-token": "<access_token>",
"expires_in": "300",
"token_type": "Bearer",
"scope": "trapi",
"refresh_token": "<refresh_token>"
}

Before expires_in is reached, the customer application is required to request a new <access_token> from the EDP gateway with the previously received refresh_token, username, and grant_type. The EDP gateway responds back to the customer application with a new access_token, expires_in, and refresh_token. Based on the new <access_token>, the client application is required to "reissue" to the ERT in Cloud streaming connection. This varies per connection type as above.

For the WebSocket, the reissue means send a new Login JSON message with the following conditions

• same ID
  • new AuthenticationToken value (from a new access_token)
  • Refresh attribute value False
  • Send before expires_in is reached

You can see an example of how to handle this expires_in and reissue a refresh_token in the ERT in Cloud example (available in Python, Java and C# languages) in the download page.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 1 1

We are already doing this. but still, I get this status msg.

just for information, when I tried last refresh login attempt. I received Login state as "OK" which is strange, I do not get Login state as "OK" when we try refresh login request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
24.4k 53 17 14

Hello @cbhavsar

Can you give me the whole JSON messages (since the first EDP and ERT in Cloud login)? You may log them as a txt file and attach to this thread.

Please remove your authentication information (username, password, etc) from the file too.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
5 3 1 1

Hi Wasin,

Please find below JSON message I send as Login refresh

{
"ID": 1,
"Domain": "Login",
"Key": {
"NameType": "AuthnToken",
"Elements": {
"ApplicationId": "256",
"Position": "10.75.2.20",
"AuthenticationToken": "xxxxx"
}
},
"Refresh ": false
}

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @cbhavsar,

I mean all messages between the application and EDP/ERT in Cloud, not just a re-login message.

Upvotes
5 3 1 1

Sorry, I did not capture all messages in log, I keep only login messages.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.