For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Using EZD with Websockets

I have tested the installation to verify that I can connect, similar to this page (It’s a docker instance of oracle 7, with the SSL ports exposed)

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/article/how-test-elektron-websocket-connection-rmdstestclient-tool

However, when trying to run the python test examples with the EZD I run into a connection error. This can be seen in the screenshots I have attached.

When looking at the websocket api setup with TREP, it seems to be referring to ADS rather than EZD. As EZD setup is for SSL/RSSL is there something special I need to configure to open the port 15000. It seems like websocket quick start examples only use 15000

Any advice on how to move forward would be much appreciated!

refinitiv-realtimetreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 41 11 20

Hello @laura11,

EZD does not support Elektron Websocket connections.

Please refer to the Websocket API Description:

"...Note: The Elektron WebSocket API supports both deployed TREP and Elektron Real Time in Cloud..."

Elektron WebSocket connectivity is supported by Elektron Realtime in Cloud and by Deployed TREP, version 3.2.1+

Please contact your Refinitiv Account team, to discuss the best option for you to move forward.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.