For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Using EZD with Websockets

I have tested the installation to verify that I can connect, similar to this page (It’s a docker instance of oracle 7, with the SSL ports exposed)

https://developers.thomsonreuters.com/article/how-test-elektron-websocket-connection-rmdstestclient-tool

However, when trying to run the python test examples with the EZD I run into a connection error. This can be seen in the screenshots I have attached.

When looking at the websocket api setup with TREP, it seems to be referring to ADS rather than EZD. As EZD setup is for SSL/RSSL is there something special I need to configure to open the port 15000. It seems like websocket quick start examples only use 15000

Any advice on how to move forward would be much appreciated!

refinitiv-realtimetreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @laura11

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@laura11

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Are any of the replies below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the most appropriate reply.

Otherwise, you may share an answer and then accept it. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @laura11,

EZD does not support Elektron Websocket connections.

Please refer to the Websocket API Description:

"...Note: The Elektron WebSocket API supports both deployed TREP and Elektron Real Time in Cloud..."

Elektron WebSocket connectivity is supported by Elektron Realtime in Cloud and by Deployed TREP, version 3.2.1+

Please contact your Refinitiv Account team, to discuss the best option for you to move forward.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.