For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 0

Unable to contribute via WebSocket API

I try to update a RIC via WebSocket API but I'm unable to do so and get no response back to my post request. I have tried both On-Stream and Off-Stream postings with no luck. I am able to read the RIC. Any suggestions on how to debug or fix the problem?

Please see the websocket-communication.txt for the JSON communication that I've been trying out. RIC is not updated and server is not responding to post requests.

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtocontributions
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @akseli.hiltunen

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query? If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @akseli.hiltunen

Could you increase the time that the application waits for response e.g. 45, 60 seconds. It is possible that the application exits before the response is finished or sent.

If the problem still occurs with the increased time, you should contact the support team of the product which you post data to. The team can investigate why the product does not send the response back. You can submit the query to them via Get Product Support in MyRefinitiv. Select 'Product' to the product which you post data to.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Unfortunately this was not the issue. Thank you for the link! I'll submit a query for them.

Hello @akseli.hiltunen,

Have you question been answered?

We appreciate if you share the findings, as it may help guide other developers with similar questions.

Thanks,

-AHS

Upvotes
9.6k 10 7 7

Hello @akseli.hiltunen

I saw the same PostID(1) is used in both post messages. Please try to use unique "PostID" for each post message e.g PostID=1 for the first post message and 2 for the seconds post message. The PostID is used to map the post message with its response so it should not be duplicated.

icon clock
10 |1500

I changed the PostID of the second post but still no answer or update to the RIC.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.