For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
7 3 1 2

Connection reset by peer error - market price edpgw authentication.py

I was able to find hostname using service discovery example.

Output from service discovery example:

Sending EDP-GW service discovery request to https://api.refinitiv.com/streaming/pricing/v1/

EDP-GW Service discovery succeeded. RECEIVED:

Connecting to WebSocket wss://apac-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com:443/WebSocket for session1...

WebSocket successfully connected for session1!

SENT on session1:

RECEIVED on session1:

Output from market price edpgw authentication example:

('Sending authentication request with password to', 'https://api.refinitiv.com:443/auth/oauth2/v1/token', '...')

EDP-GW Authentication succeeded. RECEIVED:

Connecting to WebSocket wss://apac-3.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com:443/WebSocket ...

[Errno 104] Connection reset by peer

WebSocket Closed

refinitiv-realtimeelektron-sdktreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Appears to be the continuation on the discussion in this question

@Sundeep.Tariyal

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Were you able to resolve the problem you experienced? If yes, would you mind sharing the solution you found or anything that transpired about the issue on this thread? It will help community members should anyone experience similar issue in the future. If not, could you please confirm the details in the response @zoya.farberov provided on Jan 10th?

Thanks,

-AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 20

Hello @Sundeep.Tariyal,

Please confirm that you have machineId assigned, long password generated, clientId generated, and following the instructions step by step as per ERT Quickstart guide?

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I didn't had access to ERT in Cloud. After getting the same I received a welcome email with machine Id and then I could connect following the instructions in ERT quickstart guide.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.