For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
18 2 1 3

Documentation for Refinitiv Fields

I'm working with the Refinitiv Websocket API via Javascript. The Item Message Response has dozens of fields, and I don't know what all of them mean. For example here are a few such fields I see in the object returned from a non-streaming item request that I don't know what they represent:

"PD_TDTH_X",

"PD_SUBIND",

"PD_TDTH_X",

"PD_SUBIND",

"PD_TDTH_X",

"PD_SUBIND",

Is there a resource that describes what each field represents? I haven't been able to find one in the docs.

elektron-sdktreprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtodocumentation
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'm not asking for what these specific fields mean, but if there's a broader resource to describe what data is returned, and what the fields represent

Hello @jonathan.powell,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes, please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvote
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @jonathan.powell

You can use the Data Model Discovery tool to search for the Field and drill down for the particular Asset class/exchange etc that you are interested in.

Or for a more general description, you can download one of the ElektronSDK packages and extract the RDMFieldDictionary and enumtype.def files from the Java\etc subfolder once you unpack the SDK download.

The RDMFieldDictionary describes each field at a high level and the enumtype.def contains enum values for enumerated fields present in the RDMFieldDictionary.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
895 3 8 3

Hi....Yes you can see all field descriptions which data models they are in and down to which venue they are available for in the Data Model Discovery tool within this website. If you go to the homepage and then at the top in the menu area click on Data Model Discovery. Best basic place to start within the tool is the search box at the top right where you can input a field name and see what data is should carry.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvote
22.2k 59 14 21

I wanted to point you to data model discovery, but Umer has already done that. Anyways, here is a screenshot of where to search and its description:

ahs.png (93.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.