For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 1 1

Cannot authenticate with WS API

We are getting either Type: Ping as response (instead of State/Data/Ok), or 500 Internal Server Error. It was working correctly yesterday, but no outages reported. Anyone seeing this too?

treprdp-apiwebsocketsrrtoconnection
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you for your participation in the forum.
Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply.
This will guide all community members who have a similar question.
Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.
Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
22k 58 14 21

Can you try the RDP python sample - and see if the behavior is same. Are you behind a firewall/proxy?

Are you able to successfully use API playground?

I tried loggin in right now and it works:

>>> python rdpToken.py 
Getting OAuth access token... 
Getting a new token using Password Grant... 
Requesting from TOKEN_ENDPOINT: https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token 
Saving the new token

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

@CT Grid Support,

Can you provide more details - which endpoint are you connecting to and what is the RIC? I presume you are connecting to cloud and not a local enterprise platform.

I tried amer-3 in cloud multiple times and was able to get data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Right now I am getting 500 in response to request sent to

https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/beta1/token

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

I can see that you are still using the beta2 URL. Please note the change to v1

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 1 1

Actually right now the auth URL started to work but still the endpoint replies with Type: Ping when we try to open WS connection. We expect Data: Ok there. The endpoint we use is emea-1.pricing.streaming.edp.thomsonreuters.com . I will try Python script later, but is there anything wrong with this endpoint?

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
22k 58 14 21

Yes, there seems to be some issue with emea-* endpoint. If you wait long enough (about 20 seconds), your will receive this status message:

RECEIVED:
[
  {
    "Domain":"Login",
    "ID":1,
    "Key":{
      "Name":"AQIC5wM2LY4SfczkHaJTMllYQCXlINhiYt6Zt4BPpVp0R%2F8%3D%40AAJTSQACMjAAAlNLABM3NDM1NjUwNTYyMjY5MzM0ODI0AAJTMQACMzM%3D%23"
    },
    "State":{
      "Code":"Timeout",
      "Data":"Suspect",
      "Stream":"Closed",
      "Text":"A21: Access Denied. Timed out waiting for response from DACS server. Try request again."
    },
    "Type":"Status"
  }
]

I will raise this internally. Meanwhile please use other ednpoints like amer-2 or amer-3.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.