Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
9 3 4 5

Corporate actions: discrepancy between Python and Eikon platform

I am trying to get corporate actions for BBDC3.SA. The platform (under Capital Changes Overview) is showing 252 records, where several entries have Event Type "Multiple Events", e.g. row where ExDate=30-May-1994.

When retrieving the same data in Python, I get 234 rows and it seems that events classified as "Multiple Events" in the Platform are not retrieved. I get the same output as in Python when I use the Excel Plugin.

Is there a way to reconcile this discrepancy and get Python to retrieve all records?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
bbdc3-platform.jpg (158.6 KiB)
bbdc3-python.jpg (70.0 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

<AHS>

The case 09625234 is closed - resolved.

Hello @oik22

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
39.4k 77 11 27

Here are the results of the investigation by Refinitiv Support:

The observed behavior is not a defect. It is the result of infrastructure upgrades on our end.
The "Multiple Events" (MLT) type capital changes were used in the old data delivery infrastructure, that was not able to process multiple capital changes that fell on the same day (i.e. they had to be packaged together in one event per day).
When the old delivery infrastructure was still in place the data was also retrievable in Excel.
Since then we have however introduced a new Strategic Data Interface (SDI) that feeds the Capital Change Overview (NEW) and Excel.
This SDI is capable of processing separate events on the same day, so the "Multiple Events" type is no longer required
To summarize the situation:
- The old infrastructure did not have the capability to handle multiple events that fell on the same day, so the “MLT” type was created.
- Time series was adjusted for the MLT types as per normal at the time of the events.
- The old infrastructure results/entries are not exposed outside of the Capital Change Overview (OLD) anymore - neither in Excel nor in Capital Change Overview (NEW).
- The new SDI is capable of processing multiple events falling on the same date and processing their individual adjustment factors into the time series.
- The new SDI is what supplies the product with data, and what will be supplying it going forward.
- There is no way to pull MLT events that were previously created under the old infrastructure using Excel, but using the new SDI such events are now being processed as separate entries.
- Time series for the MLT types has been normally adjusted at the time of the capital changes, and should be reflecting correctly.
- There is unfortunately no way to retrospectively ingest the old MLT event types into the new SDI, so the new SDI will always skip the MLT events when retrieving data.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
39.4k 77 11 27

@oik22

I reproduced the issue on my end and raised a support case on your behalf with Refinitiv Helpdesk to investigate the problem. For your reference the case number is 09625234.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.