Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
8 5 5 6

How can I work with async and StreamingPrices?

Hello,

I'm trying to subscribe to a few thousand RICs and opening straming.open() takes about 5 minutes, so the idea I had was to use asyncio to open multiple streamsprices simultaneously with just 200 RICs each.

However, when making multiple openings, it seems that one only starts when the other receives a "Received Full Snapshot" status. I can make everything else work async, but this is causing me problems as the final opening time for all streams ends up being the same as if I opened just one.

I tried some solutions with threads, but I get the error saying that the object cannot be called.

Any help / suggestion?

eikoneikon-data-apipythonrefinitiv-dataplatform-eikonworkspaceworkspace-data-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.3k 59 14 21

Hi @diego37,

Refinitiv python module uses async for IO. If you take a look at the source code for the module, you can see how its being used.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Good Morning!

Thanks for the answer.

I've already taken a look at the source code, but I can't do what I want, which is: instead of opening a stream with 2 thousand RICs, opening 10 with 200 RICs (so that I get a faster "final" return, I mean , a total snapshot more quickly).

Do you have any idea how I could proceed?

Thank you in advance for your help.

@diego37, The throttling might be happening at the server side. Eikon is a desktop product and not intended for streaming thousands of instruments. If your requirement is to use streaming prices for large number of instruments, then a proper streaming solution like Refinitiv Real Time Optimized might be a better fit.

Please talk to your account manager, if this interests you. You can read the documentation here.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.