question

Upvotes
Accepted
33 9 13 31

RTO EMA C++: Flood of the same update message

boz24.png

The client was receive large number of the same 'UPDATE' message. What's the possible cause if technical reason? (The time is GMT+8 in the attached picture)

rrto
boz24.png (484.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

37 times of the same 'UPDATE' message. I will also go to the RTH raw report if some finding. But this topic here is only for the possible tech reason or if some misuse of EMA API if you know.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @Frederic

I cannot think of an obvious EMA misuse that would result in the above scenario - the data is would be as sent by and received from the server.

Please check the Tick History, otherwise discuss with the RTO team to see if they can explain.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes I guess there is some coding problem in client's code
Hi @Frederic

I cannot think of an obvious coding problem that would cause the above issue?

Is it happening all the time - or was it a one-off?

sometimes, not always, but can be observed every 2 days a time.
Show more comments
Is the multiple sending of the same UPDATE message by design (e.g., in poor network environment, to guarantee the message delivery, at-least-once semantics)?
Hi @Frederic

I am not aware of any such design - never seen the above scenario before.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.