For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 3

Inconsistent lipper classifications

I have noticed inconsistencies in the global lipper classifications between the refinitiv documentation and the datascope select rest api.

Documentation

In the documentation https://www.refinitiv.com/content/dam/marketing/en_us/documents/methodology/lipper-global-fund-classification-methodology.pdf I see on page 11 that there is a lipper classification called "Equity Sector Information Technology".

Rest API

When I send an ExtractionRequest for ISIN LU1279334210, I get

"Lipper Global Classification": "Equity Sector Information Tech" (instead of Technology)

Here is the full request

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.CompositeExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
            "Lipper Global Classification"            
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#DataScope.Select.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                {
                    "Identifier": "LU1279334210",
                    "IdentifierType": "Isin"
                }
            ],
            "ValidationOptions": null,
            "UseUserPreferencesForValidationOptions": false
        },
        "Condition": null
    }
}
dss-rest-api#contentlipper
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @maximilian.syndikus

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@maximilian.syndikus

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
1.6k 3 2 3

@maximilian.syndikus , I believe this is a mismatch of the document and the implemented data in Lipper. I checked other Lipper applications, they all show the "Tech" not "Technology". As this is unlikely an issue at API/Product level, it will be nice if you can raise to the customer support. They should check with the research team and the content team to offer you an answer.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.