question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 1 3

Tick History REST API Validation Option

Regarding the Tick History ValidationOptions, "AllowOpenAccessInstruments" and "AllowHistoricalInstruments" option, what is the default value?

tick-history-rest-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
32.2k 40 11 19

Hello @aya.nakamura ,

Thanks for reaching out and I think this is an excellent question.

If you are using scheduled approach, that emulates DSS GUI behavior, the validation options included should be according to your DSS GUI Preferences:

dssprefs.gif

If you are using the on-demand approach and require specific ValidationOptions, the recommended approach is to explicitly include the ValidationOptions that are required with the request. Please see examples in Tick History REST API User Guide.

Hope that this answer is of help

dssprefs.gif (104.2 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @zoya faberov

Thank you so much for your reply. I wanted to find out the default value because on Postman RTH REST API Tutorials, under Tuto-6b Request intraday bars data, I was able to retrieve TYc1 data from 2016 without specify the "ValidationOptions". Hence I wonder if "AllowHistoricalInstruments" default value is "True".

Hello @aya.nakamura ,

Thanks for sharing, this is helpful to know, but I would not suggest relying on this.

As per product this inclusion is not part of the documentation provided, I would design for predictability and reliability, by explicitly including all required ValidationOptions with the request.

Hope that this helps

Upvotes
3 1 1 3

@zoya faberov Thank you very much. Undersood.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.