Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 1

Earnings surprice for delisted stocks

Hello,

I have a list of 569 stocks on the Oslo stock exchange. I need to get the earning surprise on these stocks from 1993 - 2019. However, some of these stocks have been delisted. Is there any way for me to get the data I am looking for through the Eikon API?

python#contentpython apihistorical
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @s1815675

Can you provide a few examples of some of the stocks that are delisted?

Yes, for example:
  • AAV.OL
  • SCS.OL
  • EKJ.OL

Now these tickers do not include the "delisting code" that refinitiv uses.

Hi @s1815675

I don't know what you mean by 'delisting code', but when I plug in the above delisted instruments into the code I have below, no data is returned.

As I suggested, you can open a ticket within the support desk and mention whether you can access any of these delisted instruments within Excel.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
18.7k 85 39 63

Hi @s1815675

To retrieve a small set of instruments, you can utilize the following code. It's worth noting the reported earnings date may be different for each instrument. I would suggest for processing purposes, you may want to consider performing your request in smaller batches.

1678915955199.png

1678915955199.png (62.6 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.