question

Upvotes
Accepted
185 6 12 26

Clear consumer's price cache when instrument phase [FID 8927] changes

Hello,

we use RFA 8.1 C++ api to consume level2 market data using MBP domain. Is it necessary that consumer client should clear their price cache when instrument phase changes? If there are prices in the book that causes book to be crossed during intra day auction then will TREP send delete instructions for those prices after instrument moves to continuous trading phase?

Does same logic applies to TRD STTUS[6614]?

rfarfa-api#content
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @mktdata ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

@mktdata

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @mktdata,

As far as I understand, instrument phase does not warrant clearing the cache - although some phase changes like market close will move the prices around and selectively clear some other price fields.

I would recommend that you post the question on my.refinitiv.com to speak with a content expert. The answer may be different for different markets.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.