question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 0 0 7

API/Websocket contribution crashes ATS

Hi,

I recently developed an app to contribute and get data from the ATS.

App have been deployed in production and since then we had nearly daily problems with the ATS that becomes unavaible.

Further investigation showed that sometimes the contribution request makes the ATS crashes, the service suddenly becomes uncapable to answer to any requests and the sys admin has to restart it.

We have 2 ATS, sometimes the second one take the relay and it's ok.

But in many cases both ATS switch to "secondary" mode and none of them reply to requests.

Did you already encounter problem like this?

But this problem doesn't occurs all the time, sometimes it can work for 2-3 days consecutive and then crash again.

App is developed in Python, and I tried 2 methods (Websocket direct calls and the Python Data API functions) but the result is the same.

here an example of a websocket request:

1689770888203.png

And API request:1689770937199.png

Volume is very low, we are sending data for 4 RIC and each time 2 fields are updated (BID and ASK).

We also make contributions through excel (with RtContribute function) and we never had problems since years (This app goal is to replace our excel macros).

Regards

python#technology#productwebsocketscontributionsATS
1689770888203.png (54.9 KiB)
1689770937199.png (12.7 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hello @fabien.marcaillou

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
22.1k 59 14 21

Hi @fabien.marcaillou,

I have not tried WebSocket contribution to ATS, but here are a few suggestions for you to try.

Ensure that ID is unique for every post messsage.

Turn on verbose logging within ATS and ADS.

If the problem persists, you can attach the logs and open a service ticket at my.refinitiv.com.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.