Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
2 0 0 3

How to Get tweets with eikon api

I am using the get_news_headlines function to retrieve news from the API, and the query I am currently specifying is as follows. I would like to change this to "All Alerts OR Twitter" which I have newly set up on Eikon.

all alerts + main news (Japanese, English, Chinese)

q = 'Topic:NEWS1 AND All Alert AND (Language:LJA OR Language:LEN OR Language:LZH)' k.get_news_headlines(query=q, count=100)

I tried changing to "Topic:Twitter OR All Alert" and "Topic:TWTR OR All Alert", but I could only get All Alert data.

eikon-data-api#content
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
1.3k 3 2 4

Hi @yamaguchi ,

With Eikon Data API + Eikon Desktop, you can only retrieve headlines from NewsWire.

To get from others sources like social media, you'll need to migrate to last release Workspace 1.22.303+ and Refinitiv Data API.
Then, you'll have acces to same data than in News Monitor:

Especially, Tweets news source, with news query filter = "NS:TWTR"

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
80.1k 257 52 75

@yamaguchi

Thank you for reaching out to us.

To verify the news query, please kindly contact the Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace support team via MyRefinitiv and ask for the news query that can be used in the news monitor application.

After getting the news query, you can try it with Eikon Data API.

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.