Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Pct of Shares held domestically

Dear all,

I am using Eikon/Datastream API on Webservice.

I tried extracting aggregated percentage of shares held by domestic investors on a daily basis. To do so I have tried using Shares Held with Country Perm ID as well as Tr.PctCountry but it does not seem to load. The Country Perm ID List also does not load. Can somebody help me with my task and provide me the perm id for vietnam.

My goal is to have daily data on % of shares owned by domestic investors on domestic stock which in my case is Vietnam.

Thanks everybody

#contentequities
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @eikon23 ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

@eikon23

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
5.8k 21 2 6

Hi @eikon23,
Have you had a look for the field you may be after in DIB?

I believe that the field name you may be after is "TR.Numbersofsharesownedbyforeigninvestors". You can use this with Sreener, e.g.:

import pandas as pd
import refinitiv.data as rd
rd.open_session()
df: pd.DataFrame = rd.get_data(
    universe = 'SCREEN(U(IN(Equity(active,public,primary))), IN(TR.HQCountryCode,"VN"), TR.CompanyMarketCapitalization>=1000000000, CURN=USD)',
    fields = ['TR.NUMBEROFSHARESOWNEDBYFOREIGNINVESTORS']
    )
display(df)
rd.close_session()

However, I am not sure which companies you are after. Not all comapies have 'TR.NUMBEROFSHARESOWNEDBYFOREIGNINVESTORS' data; the above included. If you cannot find the field you are after in DIB, I would suggest either asking this (content) question on my.refinitiv.com, or using the Search functionality which may answer your need.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.