question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Is a SYMBOL_LIST subscription just a layer on top of chains structure (using ETA)?

Client inquiry based on ETA C use for access to BDS-like list.

Is a SYMBOL_LIST subscription just a layer on top of chains structure? For example if I subscribe to 0#CL: via SYMBOL_LIST domain will I just get the contents of rics 0#CL:, 1#CL:, etc in a RSSL_MAP format?

Can I specify a PDP code when requesting a symbol list?

Can I specify a PE?

#contenteta-api
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@timothy.kaneshige

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

@timothy.kaneshige

Hi,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvote
Accepted
79.2k 251 52 74

@timothy.kaneshige

Thank you for reaching out to us.

As far as I know, a SYMBOL_LIST subscription is not a layer on top of chains structure.

Chain subscriptions use the MARKET_PRICE domain while the symbol list subscriptions use the SYMBOL_LIST domain. They use different domain models. However, not all chain RICs support the SYMBOL_LIST domain, such as 0#.SETI.

Regarding 0#CL:, this RIC supports both MARKET_PRICE and SYMBOL_LIST domains.

Yes, with the SYMBOL_LIST domain, the application will get all items in MAP.

No, you can't specify PE and PDP in the request.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.