Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
1 0 0 0

Client error doctype

I have been using API for quite some time, and never gotten this error. Now I get this. How to troubleshoot this? Thanks

2024-02-05 11:09:36,223 P[6956] [MainThread 7328] Error code 404 | Client Error: <!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"><head><meta charset="utf-8"><title>Error</title></head><body><pre>Cannot POST /api/v1/data</pre></body></html>

2024-02-05 11:09:36,250 P[6956] [MainThread 7328] HTTP request failed: EikonError-Client Error: <!DOCTYPE html><html lang="en"><head><meta charset="utf-8"><title>Error</title></head><body><pre>Cannot POST /api/v1/data</pre></body></html>

I got this error after running this request to check api status:

data = ek.get_timeseries('AAPL.O', # the RIC for Apple, Inc.

fields='*', # all fields

start_date='2017-01-01', # start

end_date='2017-12-31') # end datedate

eikoneikon-data-apiworkspace#producterror
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @lomov ,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?
If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply? This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks,
AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,
AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
14.2k 30 5 10

Hi @lomov ,

Could you please try restarting your machine and relogging into Workspace/Eikon and check if the issue still persists?

If so, please try step no. 7 in this article, Eikon Data API and Refinitiv Data Library - Troubleshooting and check if you have API endpoint enabled or not. Then please let us know the result for further investigation.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.