Upgrade from Eikon -> Workspace. Learn about programming differences.

For a deeper look into our Eikon Data API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvote
Accepted
2 0 0 4

Eikon Data API in Python not working since the last week

import refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon as e
e.set_app_key(xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
df = e.get_timeseries("LCOZ4")

The above code was able to connect properly till last week but started to get a ReadTimeout error since then. This is happening with many users in our firm

1709040620116.png

eikon-data-apipythonpython api
1709040620116.png (6.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvote
Accepted
10.2k 18 6 9

@ffiitb Thanks for you question and sorry to hear about your issue. I can get the return from the service but we have had some issue with API calls failing intermittently and we are investigating this at the moment. Are you able to run this code in Codebook app (type codebk into Eikon/WS search bar)?

import refinitiv.data.eikon as ek
import datetime

ek.set_app_key('DEFAULT_CODE_BOOK_APP_KEY')
ek.get_timeseries(['LCOZ4'])

1709049118718.png

Please let me know if the API call completes now?

Also I notice that you are using the slightly older refinitiv.dataplatform.eikon library - could you update to the latest refinitiv.data libraries and retry:

pip install refinitiv-data

I hope this can help.

1709049118718.png (46.5 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
2 0 0 4

Hi @jason.ramchandani01

Issue was with the library I was using. I installed the refinitiv-data library and it's working well now. Thank you

icon clock
10 |1500

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.