For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 1 2 4

Need help on accessing RIC pricing information via refinitiv API

Hi,

Tried below API on API playground - but seems access denied , tried refinitiv credentials but still not letting me in.

can someone please help me on this please. need to get RIC snap via http request.

Example below

https://api.refinitiv.com/data/pricing/beta3/snapshots?universe=USD=,KIBOR=

JSON response on API playground is as below. whom do i need to contact?

{
  "error": {
    "id": "2334fbbc-e7a4-41e1-8f76-17fbdebdf5b2",
    "code": "insufficient_scope",
    "message": "access denied. Scopes required to access the resource: [trapi.data.pricing.read]. Missing scopes: [trapi.data.pricing.read]",
    "status": "Forbidden"
  }
}
#technology#productrdp-apiapirefinitiv-data-platformapi-playground
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
Accepted
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @raghava.belagola

The error message "access denied. Scopes required to access the resource: [trapi.data.pricing.read]. Missing scopes: [trapi.data.pricing.read]" indicates that your RDP account does not have a permission to request this /data/pricing/beta3/snapshots API endpoint.

• If you posted this question on behalf of the client, you need to contact the client's LSEG representative or Account Manager to verify the client's permission.
  • If you posted this question for your own RDP usage, you need to submit a request to Service Now to request a permission for this endpoint.

### /data/pricing/snapshots/v1/ ###

There is also a /data/pricing/snapshots/v1/ endpoint for the Wealth product's customer. You may try this API instead of you are the Wealth product client.

work.png

work2.png

work.png (37.4 KiB)
work2.png (84.9 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
3 1 2 4

Hi

I tried on Wealth product's customer. but getting access error again. please provide service now link and steps to create tickets. its always confusing to point to the right group for permissioning and exact details will help

1716191697801.png

1716191620120.png

1716191697801.png (102.7 KiB)
1716191620120.png (98.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @raghava.belagola

The /data/pricing/snapshots/v1/ shows the same permission issue.

You can find the current Service Now link on the https://lsegroup.sharepoint.com/ page as follows:

service-now-1.png

Then search for the "RDP" word on the Service Now page, it should suggest the right link to request RDP permission for you.service-now-2.png

service-now-1.png (70.9 KiB)
service-now-2.png (74.8 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
3 1 2 4

Hi,

i got access and able to pull data. But Bearer token gets expires and

{"error":{"id":"6608f301-c2f7-4a96-99d0-4646b6d953cc","code":"401","message":"token expired","status":"Unauthorized"}}

error is thrown. How to form dynamic token and send to python request payload is needed.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @raghava.belagola

When you obtain the access token from RDP, you also get other information as follows:

• expires_in: Access token validity time in seconds
  • refresh_token: Refresh token to use used for getting next access token

The expires_in value is he access token live time (in seconds). After expires_in seconds, the access token is expired and if you use that token in the request, you will get that HTTP 401 token expired message.

To avoid this, you need to refresh the token before the expires_in seconds via the application code.

POST https://api.refinitiv.com/auth/oauth2/v1/token
Host: api.refinitiv.com
User-Agent: python-requests/2.12.4
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept: application/json
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 106
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Authorization: Basic RDZENz*************DNkNEREQ3NDo=

refresh_token=****&grant_type=refresh_token

Then you get a new access token, with the expires_in of that access token and the refresh token.

Please find more detail on the following resources:

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @raghava.belagola

Additionally, there is also the mitations and Guidelines for the RDP Authentication Service that you need to consider.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

i used authentication API but getting below error. i used Tutorials | Devportal (lseg.com). please ping on teams , where i can show the steps i took

1717558991863.png

1717558991863.png (238.4 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
26.4k 62 17 14

Hello @raghava.s

I checked your HTTP request message. The client_id property is missing post message body of the Password Grant.

The HTTP request should be like this:

POST /auth/oauth2/v1/token HTTP/1.1
Host: api.refinitiv.com
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded
Content-Length: 180

username=<RDP Username/Machine-ID>&password=<Password>&grant_type=password&scope=trapi&takeExclusiveSignOnControl=true&client_id=<App Key>

Please note that the takeEclusiveSignOnControl property is optional. If you set it to true, it overrides any previous session you logged on i.e. force sign-out this ID from other applications and sign-in here.

I am noticed that the RDP Tutorials missing the client_id information in the HTTP example. I will notify the RDP about this issue.

icon clock
10 |1500

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

Hi,

Please confirm if the RDP HTTP could be used on a strategic cloud platform. hope this APIs are not legacy which might be scrapped later.

thanks

Raghava

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @raghava.s

I did not hear any plans to scrap the RDP APIs. I strongly suggest you contact the RDP team directly if you need more information.

Upvotes
1 0 0 1

please provide RDP team mail ID, will contact

icon clock
10 |1500

Hello @raghava.s

You can find the internal RDP product page by searching "Refinitiv Data Platform" or "Delivery Platform" on the LSEG SharePoint, it should be on the first search result. Inside the page, you will see the product contact point.

Note: As LSEG rebranding policy, the Refinitiv Data Platform will be changed name to Delivery Platform (as of June 2024).

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.