For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
18 1 3 4

Websocket Ric Format

Hi,

In the Websocket API documentation when performing a MarketPrice for a ric, the Key->Name is shown as "TRI.N". However in the python example for the cloud API the ric used id "/EUR=".

When using a different ric i.e. BHP.AX If I use BHP.AX I get access denied errors. Changing this to /BHP.AX works. I'm unable to find any information clarifying the expected format of this field. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks

treprdp-apiapiwebsocketsrrto
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
895 3 8 3

Hi Joel,

Adding a "/" at the front of the RIC changes the service from the realtime to the delayed service. In general terms this means the data you are receiving is intentionally delayed by about 15minutes by us on the feed, but crucially means you don't need to be permissioned by the exchange (and pay usage fees to the exchange).

My guess for a websocket API is you don't need realtime updates to the millisecond and 15minute delayed data is probably fine? But if you did want to access the BHP Billiton RIC on the Australian ASX in realtime you would need to be permissioned and pay the fee to the exchange.

TRI.N is Thomson Reuters listed on NYSE and again will give you permissioning errors unless you request access to NYSE exchange data, the "/" again should work as it provides you with the 15minute delayed service.

Tim

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.