For a deeper look into our Elektron API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials |  Articles

question

Upvotes
Accepted
5 2 2 4

Search API

Using is websocket Api for RTO. The endpoint is https://api.refinitiv.com/streaming/pricing/v1/?transport=websocket where i send the RIC of the ticker.

For example if the trade for AAPL was executed in Nasdaq then the RIC of this will be AAPL.O but if i am not subscribed to Nasdaq live market data but i am subscribed to NYSE then how do i request data from refinitiv for AAPL in NYSE or AAPL.A? The main issue is converting AAPL.O to AAPL.A, this is not only limiit to Nasdaq to NSYE but from one venue to another.

Our requirements are met by the search Api referenced by the API playground, however our Machine ID for the RTO seems not have the required permissions to access the API. I was wondering if there are any other APIs we can use to get the required data?

The data required by us is:

1. A mapping of the tickers to their RICs covering all the exchanges that they are traded in. For example TSLA.O would gives us TSLA.BA, TSLA.OQ ...etc. For all the available exchanges.
    1. A reference request is:

{

"View": "Quotes",

"Filter": "RicRoot eq 'TSLA' and Currency eq 'USD'",

"Select": "RIC, ExchangeName, ExchangeCode, Currency",

"Top": 100

}

1. A mapping of the currency to their delayed exchange RIC, from HKD to "/USDHKD=R":

      A reference request is :

           1668756343716.jpeg

It would be great if you could give us a probable solution for this issue.

#technology#productrrtordp
1668756343716.jpeg (57.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@zoe

Hi,

Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in answering your question?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
78.8k 250 52 74

@zoe

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Yes, you are correct. RTO is unable to convert AAPL.O to AAPL.A.

It requires other APIs, such as RDP /discovery/searchlight/v1 or /discovery/search/v1 service.

The following is the output from the /discovery/searchlight/v1 service.

1668763366538.png

Other APIs could be Eikon COM, Eikon Data API, or DataScope Select. Eikon COM ad Eikon Data API requires Eikon or Refinitiv Workspace to run on the same machine.

I think that the RDP search is a suitable solution for clients to search for RICs.

1668763366538.png (38.1 KiB)
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.