For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
462 14 11 15

DSS - REST API - Configurable/Additional response fields via Search/EquitySearch?

Question: "I am trying to use the DSS Rest API to query instrument data. I have been using the /Search/EquitySearch functionality to search for instruments based on their ISIN and market and get results as expected. However, from the documentation it looks as though I should be able to retrieve more fields than I actually receive, and I can't figure out how to change this. An example request and reply is:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/EquitySearch HTTP/1.1
{"SearchRequest":{"IdentifierType":"Isin","Identifier":"GB00BH4HKS39","PreferredIdentifierType":"Ric","AssetStatus":"Active","ExchangeCodes":["LSE"]}}

"Identifier":"VOD.L","IdentifierType":"Ric","Source":"LSE","Key":"VjF8MHgwMDAzZGQwMDE0OGU3NDMwfDB4MDAwM2RjMDAzNDdjOTEwNnxMU0V8RVFRVXxFUVRZfHxFfHxWT0QuTHwwNjkx","Description":"VODAFONE GROUP ORD","InstrumentType":"EquityQuote","Status":"Valid"

I would also like to find the listing currency, the attached screenshot from the API help suggests returned entities should be ValidatedInstrument with several additional fields, including "CurrencyCodes". Am I misunderstanding the meaning of the API help or is this possible? If not please would you suggest the best way of extracting the listing currency by some other query/extraction."

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@gareth.teage

I see what you mean. For an equity search the REST API Reference Tree mentions more fields than what is returned. I will escalate this.

To get the currency code you can use a Terms and Conditions request:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/Extract

Body:

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
           "RIC", "ISIN", "Currency Code"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                {
                    "Identifier": "GB00BH4HKS39",
                    "IdentifierType": "Isin"
                }
            ]
        }
    }
}

Response:

{
  "@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionRow)",
  "value": [
    {
      "IdentifierType": "Isin",
      "Identifier": "GB00BH4HKS39",
      "RIC": "VOD.L",
      "ISIN": "GB00BH4HKS39",
      "Currency Code": "GBp"
    }
  ]
}

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.