For a deeper look into our DataScope Select REST API, look into:

Overview |  Quickstart |  Documentation |  Downloads |  Tutorials

question

Upvotes
Accepted
462 13 11 15

DSS - REST API - Configurable/Additional response fields via Search/EquitySearch?

Question: "I am trying to use the DSS Rest API to query instrument data. I have been using the /Search/EquitySearch functionality to search for instruments based on their ISIN and market and get results as expected. However, from the documentation it looks as though I should be able to retrieve more fields than I actually receive, and I can't figure out how to change this. An example request and reply is:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Search/EquitySearch HTTP/1.1
{"SearchRequest":{"IdentifierType":"Isin","Identifier":"GB00BH4HKS39","PreferredIdentifierType":"Ric","AssetStatus":"Active","ExchangeCodes":["LSE"]}}

"Identifier":"VOD.L","IdentifierType":"Ric","Source":"LSE","Key":"VjF8MHgwMDAzZGQwMDE0OGU3NDMwfDB4MDAwM2RjMDAzNDdjOTEwNnxMU0V8RVFRVXxFUVRZfHxFfHxWT0QuTHwwNjkx","Description":"VODAFONE GROUP ORD","InstrumentType":"EquityQuote","Status":"Valid"

I would also like to find the listing currency, the attached screenshot from the API help suggests returned entities should be ValidatedInstrument with several additional fields, including "CurrencyCodes". Am I misunderstanding the meaning of the API help or is this possible? If not please would you suggest the best way of extracting the listing currency by some other query/extraction."

dss-rest-apidatascope-selectdss
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Escalated to Rick Weyrauch and Troy Dalldorf.

Hi @gareth.teage. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

Hi @gareth.teage. Thank you for your participation in the forum.

Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If so please can you click the 'Accept' text next to the appropriate reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question.

Thanks

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@gareth.teage

I see what you mean. For an equity search the REST API Reference Tree mentions more fields than what is returned. I will escalate this.

To get the currency code you can use a Terms and Conditions request:

POST https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/Extract

Body:

{
    "ExtractionRequest": {
        "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.TermsAndConditionsExtractionRequest",
        "ContentFieldNames": [
           "RIC", "ISIN", "Currency Code"
        ],
        "IdentifierList": {
            "@odata.type": "#ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.InstrumentIdentifierList",
            "InstrumentIdentifiers": [
                {
                    "Identifier": "GB00BH4HKS39",
                    "IdentifierType": "Isin"
                }
            ]
        }
    }
}

Response:

{
  "@odata.context": "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/$metadata#Collection(ThomsonReuters.Dss.Api.Extractions.ExtractionRequests.ExtractionRow)",
  "value": [
    {
      "IdentifierType": "Isin",
      "Identifier": "GB00BH4HKS39",
      "RIC": "VOD.L",
      "ISIN": "GB00BH4HKS39",
      "Currency Code": "GBp"
    }
  ]
}

Hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.