question

Upvotes
Accepted
3 4 6 7

RFA Market data

Dear Team,

Below is the scenario,

I am using "starterConsumer" sample for retrieving the market data from Reuter. I am going to subscribe for some Reuter codes and I am able to get the data. This is fine for me.

Now, requirement is This one subscription is going on and I want to subscribe for another Reuter codes. Is to possible to achieve this without disturbing previous subscription by using "StarterConsumer" sample.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Vaibhav Korade.

treprfarfa-apiDACS
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I've moved this thread from TREP APIs / Open DACS to TREP APIs / RFA.

AHS

Hello @vaibhav.korade,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Hi @vaibhav.korade,

Please be informed that a reply has been verified as correct in answering the question, and has been marked as such.

Thanks,

AHS

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
Upvotes
Accepted
25.3k 87 12 25

Hi @vaibhav.korade

I assume from your previous posts that you are using the .NET version of RFA.

If this is the case, please refer to the README file that comes with the StarterConsumer example.

You will note that in the README file, as well as the itemName parameter, there is also the itemList parameter which you can specify in the StarterConsumer.cfg file.

itemList : (Default = "") - A comma separated RIC List to be used to request. The ItemList is not used if the parameter is not specified or empty.

In the code, if you then refer to the StarterConsumer.Run() method you will see how it uses the itemList to call the SendItemRequest() method multiple times as per the content of itemList parameter.

As you follow the code, you will note that SendItemRequest is the method, that forms the item request message - ReqMsg - and then calls OMMConsumer.RegisterClient() to register your interest in events related to that item.

As well as studying the StarterConsumer code, I recommend you spend some time with the RFA .Net tutorials which should help explain the basics quite well in a short period of time.

Robust Foundation API .Net Tutorial

I hope this helps.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.