question

Upvotes
Accepted
19 2 0 6

Problem with Postman Raw Report (Tuto 8b)

Hi, I am giving a support for a client which is having problem using TH to retrieve a raw report.

In order to understand the problem, I tried to use the samples for Postman.

When I Execute tuto-8a, the answer is '202 Accepted'. The 'location' field response for one request I have just executed (May 24th) is "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRawResult(ExtractionId='0x05baedbb261b2f86')".

Then I insert the ID '0x05baedbb261b2f86' into the environment variable 'location' as "https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/monitor/'0x05baedbb261b2f86'" and run the "Tuto-8b".

But the answer is:

{ "error": { "message": "System.InvalidOperationException: Job \"0x05baedbb261b2f86\" has a JobType of \"<null>\" which cannot be found\r\n at ThomsonReuters.Dss.Core.Jobs.AsyncJobFactory.CreateAsyncJob(String jobId)

Looking at the 'Executing Jobs' of the TRTH account I see that there are a lot of "Pending Jobs", so it looks like something do went wrong with the request.

Somebody has an idea of what went wrong? If this is not the right place for posting this question, please let me know who can I contact.

Thanks a lot!

tick-history-rest-apipostman
icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Henrique Hissataka, this is a good opportunity to suggest to your customer to use the TRDC portal and forum. It is free, he can use a pseudo to avoid sharing his identity, he can find documentation, downloads, tutorials, and post queries on the forum directly. The contents of the forum are kept up to date, and the forum is quite active, so he will usually get quick responses.

@Henrique Hissataka, this query could benefit customers, but you posted it private to Thomson Reuters. Would you mind if I made it publicly visible ?

Sure, you can make it public! And I will definitely tell him to enter this forum. Thanks!

Hello @Henrique Hissataka,

Thank you for your participation in the forum. Is the reply below satisfactory in resolving your query?

If yes please click the 'Accept' text next to the reply. This will guide all community members who have a similar question. Otherwise please post again offering further insight into your question.

Thanks,

AHS

Upvotes
Accepted
13.7k 26 8 12

@Henrique Hissataka

The location URL returned by the server after the request was submitted (in Tuto 8a) must be used as is to check the status of the request (in Tuto 8b).

In other words, copy the entire URL into the environment variable location, that way it will do a GET on

https://hosted.datascopeapi.reuters.com/RestApi/v1/Extractions/ExtractRawResult(ExtractionId='0x05baedbb261b2f86')

and it should work fine.

icon clock
10 |1500

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Upvotes
19 2 0 6

Yes, that did the trick!

But I was following what the User Guide V1.0 (page 53) is specifying, maybe a revision of that would be in order...

Thanks a lot for helping me with this question.

icon clock
10 |1500

@Henrique Hissataka

The URL changed format not so long ago. I have escalated this issue to the documentation manager. Thanks for telling us where you saw it.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.